Pinwheels... We know about them, we all loved them when we were children, but, since our youth, when have we really had them around to enjoy for their whimsical wind powered mechanics? Sadly, I can not think of the last time pinwheels have been in my life, that is until last weeks wedding reception.
One of our destination brides from Boston packed an assortment of her favorite paper prints so that she was ready to quickly assemble her DIY pinwheels when she arrived. All of her guests ended up loving them... And why not? They are affordable, funky, perfectly chic decor accents that brides can easily design and assemble themselves!
Pinwheel Instructions ~
1. Begin with a square of paper.
2. Fold your square, corner to corner, then unfold.
3. Make a pencil mark about 1/3 of the way from the center.
4. Cut along fold lines. Stop at your pencil mark.
5. Bring every other point to the center and stick a pin through all four points
6. The head of the pin forms the hub of the wheel.
7. Turn your pinwheel over - make sure the pin pokes through the exact center.
8. Roll the pin around in little circles to enlarge the hole a little. This guarantees your pinwheel will spin freely.
9. Stick the pin into a thin dowel.